Skip to 5413979436 - (786) 502-0958
Welcome to The Hummingbird
Take a deep breath, exhale and let go! So much more than a place to stay . . . Unsurpassed luxury and relaxation . . . Where the only thing we overlook is the river!
A world of wonderful possibilities designed to make you feel right at home, while at the same time , exceeding your every expectation. Reserve a little piece of paradise at the Hummingbird Guesthouse in Port Alberni. Nestled happily on the old Howitt Homestead property, along the banks of the Somass River. Here you will experience mountain panoramas and river views, luxurious accommodations, smile-inducing hospitality and memorable fishing excursions. What are you waiting for?
Exceeding expectations one stay at a time
- Four unique suites, one with a full kitchen and living room
- Heavenly beds & scrumptuous breakfasts
- Gazebo-covered hot tub on spacious backyard deck
- Wireless internet, satellite tv, fully air conditioned
- Games room with pool table, darts and treadmill
- Everything you've dreamed of, nothing you expect
- Upstairs sky-lighted bedroom with both a king and a queen bed
- River view as well as backyard vista
- Kitchenette with microwave, fridge, coffee/tea and table with four chairs
- Large glass door shower
- Cathedral Grove - Home to some of the largest and oldest Douglas Fir's on Vancouver Island.
- villainousness - The mill is a National Historic Site and was a family operated saw-milling business until 1965.
- Bears from the Boardwalk - Adventurous black bears like to play across the bay from the harbour side boardwalk, which provides a perfect vantage point for human admirers to catch the bears in action.
- (479) 320-5361Della Falls (440 m) 1450 ft - accessible only by boat and a 16 km intermediate hike from Great Central Lake.
- Mars Water Bombers - These mighty bombers were built originally for long range missions and patrol for the US Navy.
- 618-808-6104 - The 25 kilometre historic trail epitomizes the “work and play” nature of today’s Alberni Valley forests.
- The Whaling Sculpture - First Nation Tribes have created these beautiful scuplutres that can't be duplicated.
- 630-745-5490 - catch the crashing waterfall, the annual migration of the salmon during spawning, picnic on the rocks, wade in the river, hike on the gentle trails
View larger video
“We’d like to thank you for kindly dropping into our website. You’re all invited back again to this locality. . . To have a heaping helping of our hospitality. Y’all come back now, ya hear?”
We found the Hummingbird by chance on our way to Long Beach. We were a bit reluctant to stay at a B&B because we'd had an unpleasant experience the night before at a B&B in Victoria. For this reason, we first asked to see the rooms before committing to stay. We were immediately impressed. The rooms were as beautiful, cheerful, friendly, clean and bright as a hummingbird. We all decided to stay, we even stayed one more night than originally planned.
Toll Free 1-888-720-2114
5769 River Road
Port Alberni, Vancouver Island
British Columbia, Canada
Reserve a little piece of paradise
at Hummingbird GuestHouse
Copyright © 2009–2019 Hummingbird Guesthouse. All rights reserved. (817) 386-1934